About four years ago I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. After the initial shock and devastation I decided to improve my life and the lives those living with Parkinson's disease.I've sent you this link as an invitation to support me in making a positive impact.
Shortly after my diagnoses I learned about Parkinson's Resources of Oregon (PR0). Through PRO I was connected with:
- The Bend Table Tennis Club where Parkinson's patients and their families have designated tables to play Table Tennis.
- Power Up Exercise Classes specifically designed for Parkinson's patients.
- Parkinson's Support Group and educational meetings.
- Destination Reb that provide access to outdoor adventures like kayaking, snow shoeing, horse back riding, hiking, and cycling.
- Tai Chi and Dance classes specifically designed for Parkinson's patients.
There are many more activities in which Parkinson's patients can get involved. They are too numerous to list here.
Many of us in the Northwest have learned to manage our disease by finding a community of support at Parkinson's Resources of Oregon. I'm participating in Sole Support because this community is important to our family and thousands of other facing PD.
You can help by walking with me or make a donation of $10, $25, $50, or $500, whatever you are able to do! I've seen how PRO directs their funds to valuable services and encourage you to be as generous as you are able! Also, please know that when you donate to PRO it stays local - supporting programs right here in our community.