Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where does the money go? Sole Support is a fundraiser for Parkinson's Resources of Oregon, a local nonprofit providing direct service to patients and families with resources, support, and education. With offices in Beaverton, Bend, and Eugene, you can be confident that funds raised remain local for immediate impact here in Oregon and SW Washington. Learn more about PRO at parkinsonsresources.org.
2. How do I register? Register online at www.solesupport.org. Or, give us a call, and we can help! 800.426.6806
3. How do I join a team? Ask your friends or PRO support group leader if they've started a team. If not, suggest one. You're also invited to join any staff team in your region. Hint: You can always register as an individual - no team is required.
4. Can people from out of town join me virtually? Yes! This format allows 100% inclusive involvement, no matter the location.
5. How do I fundraise? The personal approach is most successful with a phone call, email, or even postcard to friends and family. Social media (Facebook/Instagram) is also very successful. Our staff and walk volunteers are full of ideas to help you increase your impact! Please don't be shy to connect with us. When you are successful, the entire community wins!
6. How do I collect money for fundraising? If your connections are uncomfortable with an online donation, we encourage donations to be sent directly to PRO - be sure they include your name so we apply it to your efforts. Sending it directly to PRO enables us to promptly provide a thank you and receipt.
CHECK mail to: Parkinson's Resources, 8880 SW Nimbus Avenue, Ste B, Beaverton, OR 97008
CREDIT CARD www.solesupport.org or 800.426.6806
7. How do I raise awareness? Word of mouth, social media, or one of our fun Sole Struck lawn displays!
8. How do I get my t-shirt when I raise $100? Attend our packet pick-up event or by appointment only at the PRO office. Email email@example.com or call Jeannine at 800.426.6806 to arrange to pick up.
9. How are you going to social distance? PRO is closely adhering to all CDC guidelines. We will update this space if local conditions require new precautions.
10. Do I need to come to the packet pick-up to walk? Nope! We hope to see you, as our impact and influence is greatest when we gather together.
11. Are the route locations paved or ADA accessible? All routes paved with short and longer lengths for varied abilities and stamina.
12. Where do I share my pictures and progress? Facebook and Instagram, please! Be sure to tag Parkinson's Resources of Oregon and Sole Support so they pop up in the feed or our followers. Please follow both our Facebook (Sole Support) and Instagram (@solesupport4pd) pages now so it's easy to post leading up to and day of the event.
13. What hashtags should I use? Hashtags are a great way to raise visibility to the general public. We like to use #Walk4PD #solesupport4PD #sol support #parkinsonsresources
14. I don't do social media. How else can I participate? Keep taking those photos and videos! You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will post them on our channels. Include your name, team, and location so we can include you!
15. I don't know how to start. How can I get help? Below are some ideas of how we can help you exceed your Sole Support goals! PRO's friendly staff can help register you and your team and suggest fundraising tips. Just call us at 800.426.6806 or email Jeannine@parkinsonsresources.org.
Quick Fundraising ideas
- Social media is a HUGELY successful tool for fundraising in this format - but it can be confusing. Facebook fundraisers are quick and easy with just one simple click from your friends, plus Facebook covers all processing fees! We provided tutorials for utilizing both Facebook and Instagram in the Resources area. We are also happy to assist you over the phone with these platforms.
- Personalized postcards and letters are very successful for Sole Support fundraising. We are happy to work with you on crafting these and even mail them on your behalf. Please know the information of your contacts is always protected.
- Emails from your Sole Support fundraising page allow you to personalize your message and tell your connection to Parkinson's. A link to your page is automatically included making it easy for your friends to donate. We can help you with this.
- The blue bag program through Oregon Bottledrop enables fundraising in what we do anyways—recycling! Returnable bottles and cans can go directly to your Sole Support. Call PRO for some blue bags. Get enough for your friends and neighbors!
- A 16-ounce water bottle filled with dimes can be worth $100! Check your couch and empty your pockets, and a Sole Support t-shirt will be yours in no time!